The Georgia Pre-K program is a Lottery Funded classroom that provides appropriate activities and learning experiences that prepares 4yr old children for Kindergarten. Georgia Pre-K is designed to promote school readiness, meaning that children are socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively prepared for their future success in kindergarten!
The Georgia Pre-K Program helps children become independent, self-confident, enthusiastic learners. Participation in the program encourages children to develop good habits and daily routines that benefit them now and in their future classroom experiences.
The Georgia Pre-K Program encourages teachers to adopt child-centered instructional practices based on the interests and the skill levels of each child. Research shows that children benefit most when instruction is child-centered. Child-centered instruction allows teachers to facilitate learning in a rich environment that fosters children’s initiative, exploration, and collaborative interaction with other children and adults.
GA Pre-K Daily Schedule includes
- Morning Circle: Roll Call, Weather and Daily “Job” Duty.
- Phonological Awareness: ABC Games – Group Activities
- Centers: Legos & Blocks, Math & Manipulatives, Science, Computer, Listening Center, Art Exploration, Puzzles, Multicultural Center, Sensory Tables, Dramatic Play (housekeeping)
- Snacks and Lunch Preparation
- Reading ,Writing and Individual Journals
- Story Time – Literacy Awareness – Music and Movement
- Outside Activities – Indoor Gym on bad weather days!
Parents are encouraged to become involved in their child’s classroom experience here at Great Beginnings . Your participation contributes to your child’s success in school as parents are a child’s first and most important teacher. Great Beginnings welcomes you and your child to our program!
For more information on the Georgia Pre-K Program, please visit the Bright from the Start Website at http://decal.ga.gov/.